Tuesday, May 12, 2009

New Day

The quality I love most about actors and the talents that acting lends to them is the ability to reinvent and refine.

You are never confined today to what you were yesterday (unless, of course, you've made extremely bad choices in life and have committed some horrible crime).

And so I take back what I said in my last blog about age -- 37? Hah! I stay in shape and look like most 30 year-old-women with seven years' more life experience for my craft. I laugh in the face of aging and age stereo-typing by creating my own work and testing it to the max, pushing the boundaries in the process.

Life is fragile. Acting, writing and directing teach me to embrace and make the most of it.

Today, I send my thank yous out into the world for all of the truly beautiful people out there who live life with generosity and true integrity -- and rewrite their own destiny every day.

No comments: